Friday, May 15, 2009

The wonderful Job market!

I know it has been a while since I have posted, but it has been a crazy few weeks. Not only are M and I in the process of trying to sell our house and buy another, but I am trying to finish up student teaching and graduate in a week.

So since I will be graduating shortly with a teaching degree, I have hit the job market looking, for what I thought would be an easy position to find. However, things never work out like you plan. I just found out that the parish I will be living in and therefore want to teach in is under a hiring freeze!! Well that is not good news for me! I don't need a job, but I want to teach this year. So I have been wresling with the idea of staying at home or trying to find a job, not in the teaching profession. Now don't get me wrong I will still be applying to the parish, but I am just not as hopeful that I will find a job. It funny how you think that your career, especially teaching, could not be affected by this wonderful economy we are in, and then you find out that it is. What to do, what to do.. Don't get me wrong I would love to stay home with my daughter, but I want work experience, and I would like to put this expensive education to some use!


On a side note, we have bought a house, as long as we can jump through all the hoops before closing so we can actually get it. Buying a house is extremely stressful!! On top of all this this week, my daughter got sick with double ear infections. Sometimes it feels as if life never just gives you a break!

1 comment:

  1. Big hug to you three. Hope that C feels better soon. You'll make the right decision for your future. Trust me!

    ReplyDelete