Saturday, May 2, 2009

I just wish I had not opened my mouth!

Have you ever had one of those days were you wish you could just start over and do things differently? Well I did today! My neighbors are horrible people, to put it nicely. For the past year that they have lived next to us they have been nothing but mean to us and our pets and then will turn around and try and act all nice. One time they called the police because our lab walked through their yard!! We had a cat before they moved in that was pretty much a stray and just roamed the neighborhood, but we feed it so we called it our own. No one seemed to have a problem with the cat, except our neighbors. One day they threated to "take care" of the cat if we did not keep it out of their yard. Well there was no way to keep a stray cat who has always roamed a street out of one yard. So one weekend we went out of town to return to a missing cat. Wonder what happened there?

Needless to say we decided to get a cat, not a stray. This cat was an inside, outside cat that never, and I repeat NEVER left our house or our property. Again one weekend we went out of town, and because our neigbors ( different, very nice neighbors) were feeding our dog and cat, so we left the cat outside to make it easier for them. Magically, again we came home to a missing cat!!!

So, you would think by now that we have learned that with our cat killing neighbors we can not have a cat, and we decided not to get one. Until, months and I mean months later our 15 month old daughter decided that she was in love with cats. So for easter we got her a cat. Since we knew the reputation of our neighbors, we have made the cat a complete inside cat. The cat is either in our house or in our storage shed during the day ( with food, water, and a litter box of course).

The cat has been doing this locked up routine for over a month now and is getting restless, she keeps trying to escape. Well today she did escape! And that is were the trouble began. It was early this morning when I went outside to get something from the storage shed and the cat darted out. Oh crap I thought because I saw the neighbors outside. But I was still in my pjs, my husband was in the shower, and my 15 month old was trying to follow me outside. So, I tried to catch the cat, which was not happening, then I tried calling the cat, still not working. The whole time this is happening my neighbor is watching me, so she knows I am trying. Then I saw it, the cat darted out of our yard and around into their carport and back down into our yard. The neighbor pops off with " you better keep that cat off my property or I am going to call the pound" . I respond with " I am trying. I am in my pjs. I have a one year old". To which she responds " I don't care blah blah blah".

This is where it went down hill. I completely lost it. I am usually a very nice person, but I could not take it. It is a cat!! Not a tiger! So I said some very choice words, that I really should not have said in front of my child. The scream match started and then threating started, on both parts I might add! The part that made me the maddest was the fact that this past week she had been sitting outside when me and C were playing outside and started talking to me. I had not talked to this woman in three or four months. She was asking all about our house, which we are selling, and C. I talked to her for like 15 mins. She even asked how the new cat was adjusting staying inside or in the storage shed. Now the first time it is out she is threating it!

Well after a heat few minutes, I went inside mad as he..! I told my husband who then decided to go talk to them himself. He was much calmer than me but of course my hothead followed outside to exchange some more choice words with our neighbors.

Now you have to understand this about our neighbors, they take any excuse they can get to call the cops and try to play victim, so thirty minutes after returning inside and trying to calm down, we have cops on our doorstep. For those of you who know me, you know that I would never do anything serious enough to need to have cops called to my house. The cop seemed to understand where we were coming from and even stated " you prevent cats from running around" "it is a cat". We ended up discussing my husbands new job with him and were we are planning to move with him.

Still, I keep beating myself up, because I should have just walked away. What a display I put on right in front of my daughter, and who knows what our other neighbors think of us now. I dunno was I wrong? Part of me thinks I am but then I think how wrong they are. Needless to say I am very thankful that we will only be living here another month because I do not think I could handle living by these people anymore. Anyway thats why I wish I could just start the day over. Not that I am not glad that I finally told them how I felt, but it was not the right way and I said things I should not have. I wish I had not opened the storage shed this morning, and I also wish I had not opened my month. Just because I yelled back at her does not make me a bigger or better person.

1 comment:

  1. I understand how you feel but sometimes you just have to say what's on your mind. How stupid are your neigbours for calling the cops. I never heard of such a thing. Try to avoid these poor souls for the next month. Big hug

    ReplyDelete